Being a member of the gourd family, butternut squash is a cousin to pumpkins, melon and cucumber! It’s beautiful orange, tells us it is rich in Vitamin A. Butternut squash soup is one of my favourite fall recipes. It is all I think about when I start to crave warm soup and cozy couch hangouts. This soup is paleo approved, gluten free, dairy free. I love to have it as a snack, a meal or add it as a side dish.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled and diced
- 4 cups broth vegetable/chicken
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- In a medium/large pot, warm oil over medium heat and then add in carrots and onions. Cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Add in spices and mix.
- Add in diced butternut squash.
- Add in broth.
- Boil and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes. Until all veggies are soft.
- Place in blender and puree until your desired consistency.
- Add in coconut milk in the end.