Providing sustainable and supportive natural treatments for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
This page will give you an overview of what it looks like to become a patient of mine and the process. Please note, that I can only see patients in Ontario, Canada. If you are looking for additional support with PCOS, please check out my online course using the link below.
Let me guess...you have made it here because you want to manage your PCOS in a way that is sustainable and where you can actually see results.
Whether you are experiencing weight gain, irregular periods, excessive hair growth, hair loss, or acne, naturopathic medicine can help to manage these symptoms.
You can gain control and confidence in your health with simple and easy steps with my professional guidance I can help create an individualized and realistic plan for you.
Below are some of the areas I can help with that you may be experiencing…
- Weight gain
- Infrequent, absent and/or Irregular periods
- Insulin Resistance
- Thyroid concerns
- Hirsutism (increased hair growth in unwanted areas)
- High testosterone
- Hormone balancing
- Low mood, anxiety, stress, depression
- Digestive concerns (ie. leaky gut, bloating, etc)
- Problems with ovulation (ie. lack of ovulation, late/early ovulation)
- Hair loss
- High prolactin
I will work with you to determine the underlying cause of your PCOS so that I can provide the best possible treatment plan. This involves comprehensive lab testing as well as an in-depth intake to understand what is going on.
Some of the tools I use to treat PCOS include:
- Clinical Nutrition
- Lifestyle support (ie. sleep, stress and exercise)
- Botanical formulations
- Prescriptions for micronized bioidentical progesterone
“The goal is to get your body to start naturally doing the work again”
Dr. Samina Mitha, ND
Here is how, during your 1-1 PCOS Consultation you will start to really understand your body and how to effectively manage the symptoms you experience with PCOS.
I will provide you with all my resources on how to eat, what to eat, what supplements and botanical herbs are best for your PCOS, and lifestyle strategies. Learn more below.
What does a 1-1 PCOS Consultation look like with me?
Clarity and Customization
In this stage, come prepared to plan and chat! This stage is intended to get a full comprehensive history so that we can determine exactly what is going on. Walk away gaining clarity and be ready to start your customized journey to healing.
- A comprehensive review of your previous history
- A comprehensive review of lifestyle (including diet, digestion, energy, skin, sleep, mood, menstrual cycle, and exercise)
- Handouts: PCOS Meal Planner, PCOS Food Guide
- Homework: diet diary
- Lab testing: lab testing may be requisitioned based on individual needs. Here is a list of common blood tests to I will consider. If you have recent lab results, please email a copy prior to this appointment.
- Detailed GOAL Setting for the next 3-4 months
Custom Care Plan
In this visit, you will get a good understanding of your lab tests, we will troubleshoot your diet, and provide you with a solid treatment plan using naturopathic medicine. Most importantly, you now feel confident that you have the tools in hand to help your body.
- Review diet diary and develop individualized diet
- Review blood test results
- Review goals set out in the first visit
- Individualized prescription (may include the following: bioidentical micronized progesterone, supplements, stress, sleep and exercise)
Adjust and Maintain Control
These visits are intended to check in on goals and track progress in your symptoms. Whether it is weight gain, high testosterone, acne, or irregular periods we are constantly reviewing and adjusting if needed as we go. Come with your questions or concerns!
- Follow-up review of diet and lifestyle
- Review supplements prescribed
- Requisition blood testing for blood tests if required
- Review goals and track progress
- Time for questions or troubleshooting