Instant Pot Paleo Turkey Chilli
This chili is my all-time favorite during the winter months. It is so simple to make in the Instant Pot and tastes like it has been cooking for hours! This recipe has been adapted from Nom Nom Paleo. https://nomnompaleo.com/2017052320170523instant-pot-ground-beef-chili
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 small sweet pepper diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 1 small sweet potato diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 14.5oz diced tomatoes drained
- 1 medium avocado
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder optional
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Press saute button on Instant Pot and add avocado oil.
- As soon as oil has melted add onions, peppers, carrots, celery and sweet potatoes.
- Cook until veggies are soft, stirring frequently.
- Stir in tomato paste and minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add ground turkey, and break up with spatula.
- When most of the ground turkey is no longer pink, stir in spices, salt, pepper, chilli powder, oregano, cumin and combine.
- Add drained diced tomatoes, chicken broth and stir everything together.
- Lock the lid, turn off saute function by pressing cancel. And cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once done, you can manually release pressure or let it naturally release.
- Top with avocado and serve!