After having a really amazing facial a few weeks ago I decided that I wanted to continue giving my skin the best care possible! So I put together a clay mask with bentonite clay. Skin concerns is extremely common with people who have PCOS. Especially if they have higher levels of testosterone. Acne can be a symptom of hormonal imbalances or food sensitivities. Acne has always been something I have struggled with in the past but with the help of my Naturopathic Doctor I have been able to manage my acne symptoms through my diet and balancing my hormones. If you want to learn more about how to get Radiant Skin from the Inside Out, check out my blog post HERE!
Did you know bentonite clay comes from volcanos? It’s great at drawing out the toxins in your skin!
The clay feels great on my skin! It can feel a little tingly and some people feel like it’s a little too intense for them. I made sure to only use a fairly thin layer of the clay mask! This mask is great to do on a weekly basis. The oils I added to the mask really help to hydrate and brighten the skin!
Benefits of Bentonite Clay:
- Penetrates into the skin to remove toxins
- Hydrates the skin
- Brightens skin’s appearance
- Helps to manage acne
- Softens skin
- Shrinks pores
- Prevents blackheads
Essential Oil options
- Good for all skin types: lavender, frankincense, geranium,
- Dry Skin: myrrh, rose, roman chamomile, ylang ylang, lemon
- Oily Skin: bergamot, clary sage, tea tree, ylang ylang
- Sensitive Skin: geranium, lavender
- Dark pigmented skin: lemon, sandalwood
- 1 tbsp bentonite clay
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 10 drops rose hip oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 slices of a cucumber
- Add water to the clay and whisk the ingredients together.
- Add rose hip oil and lavender essential oil and mix.
- Use makeup brush to add a layer of the mask to your face.
- Add cucumbers to eyes.
- Sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Use warm water to remove the mask.
- Enjoy brighter skin!
I heard about this bentonite clay by a friend of mine. She used to do her facial using that clay only. Now, I could refer this clay mask recipe to my friend. I found the instructions are not that much difficult so I’m also going to try this one. See you after a bentonite facial… Be connected with us…