This recipe has become a staple in our home. We have mastered the art of making one of the healthiest pancakes you will ever eat! Thanks to The Paleo Mom I can enjoy my Sunday morning breakfast with some delicious pancakes.
I have adjusted her recipe a little to include some extra baking soda to help the pancakes rise and some cinnamon for some added flavour! The best thing about these pancakes is the fact that they cook pretty eat in comparison to other non-wheat pancakes with coconut flour, almond flour or bananas. If you are trying to go gluten free or dairy free this recipe is a must have for breakfast! It will not disappoint…. trust me!
Perfect Plantain Pancakes
- 2 large green plantains (about 2 cups pureed)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp salt (a generous pinch)
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Oil for frying (coconut or grapeseed oil)
- Fruit (ie. strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Cut the plantains in 1/3 then peel and place pieces into blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender and blend for about 1-2 minutes until it forms a smooth batter.
- On a frying pan over medium-high heat add 1 Tbsp of coconut oil.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter into the frying pan or until your pancake is the desired size.
- Let the batter cook for 4-5 minutes on the first side, until the top looks fairly dry with little bubbles in it.
- Flip pancake and cook for 1½-2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter, while adding a more coconut oil to your pan as needed.
- Top pancakes with fruit and pure maple syrup and serve!
Leave a Reply