I’ve been wanting to always make my own hemp seed milk. Until now, I have bought, coconut milk, almond milk, cashew milk but I’ve always wanted to try hemp seed milk. This recipe is from a colleague of mine, Dr. Orissa Forest! She came to visit me this week and shared this amazing recipe with me. I’ve been adding it to my chia cereal every morning and it has been a hit!
The recipe is so simple, took 10 minutes to make and will now be a staple in our home 🙂
Benefits of Hemp Seeds
- Great source of omega 3 fatty acids that can help to reduce inflammation and protect your heart
- Contains GLA known as gamma linolenic acid that can help to balance hormones
- Known as a complete protein as it contains all essential amino acids that are bodies cannot make similar to chicken! 2-3 tablespoons gives you about 10 grams of protein.
- Contains both soluble and insoluble fiber meaning it can help to maintain proper bowel function
- Excellent source of magnesium, phosphorus and zinc!
Hemp Seed Milk
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 3-4 cups of water
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Add all ingredients to a blender (start with 3 cups of water).
- Blend! Taste and add more water if you feel like it is too strong.
- You can strain the pulp or keep it for the added protein!
Leave a Reply