This Yucca Pizza Dough is my favourite! Typically gluten free pizza dough is made with potatoes so I thought I would try a new recipe that is a different starch. Yucca is also known as cassava or mogo. It is a tuberous starch that comes from South America and is used it a variety of autoimmune paleo diets.
Check out more recipes here.
GF DF Yucca Pizza Dough
- 2 cups yucca cubed
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp coconut flour
- tomato sauce
- zucchini, mushrooms, peppers
- nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Peel yucca and chop into cubes.
- Boil yucca for 15-20 minutes, until you can easily stick a fork into it.
- Transfer to food processor. Add olive oil and pulse until a ball of dough starts to form.
- In a separate bowl, sift coconut flour and add in baking powder and garlic salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the mashed yucca.
- Place dough on to parchment paper lined baking sheet. Take other piece of parchment paper, place it over top of the dough and flatten the dough out to about 1/8 inch thickness.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment paper. Place dough into oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove dough, add tomato sauce and toppings.
- Cook for a few more minutes until toppings are cooked and serve!