When going through fertility treatments, the endometrial lining will be checked throughout the cycle to ensure appropriate thickness. Sometimes, we see that certain drugs such as Clomid reduce endometrial thickness. Other times, the patient will have various other causes for thin lining. In some cases, an embryo transfer will be delayed due to low endometrial thickness. Fortunately, we can use various strategies to treat thin lining from a naturopathic perspective.
- Asherman’s syndrome, which is characterized by scar tissue or adhesions to the uterus due to trauma—this often requires a D&C to be performed
- Inability for the endometrium to respond to estrogen.
- Autoimmune conditions such as Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Thrombophilia or clotting disorders, which can impact blood flow.
- Nutritional deficiencies such as vitamin D, iron, and/or B12
- Genetic Factors
- Drugs such as clomid