This homemade dark chocolate date turtles will definitely be a hit at your Christmas party! Turtles used to be one of my favourite chocolates. Now I can enjoy this healthy homemade version, and so can you!
Homemade Dark Chocolate Date Turtles
- 7 mejdool dates
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ~80 pecan halves
- salt to sprinkle
- Camino chocolate bar
- a bit of water
- Put pitted dates into food processor with vanilla and combine. Add a little water to make it smooth into a caramel.
- Take the date paste and make them into ball and place them on a parchment paper
- Add 3 pecans to each date ball
- Add melted chocolate over top. And add salt on top if you want!
- Keep in fridge until it sets. And enjoy!