With the summer now coming to a close, and autumn in full swing, everyone starts to pull out sweaters, jackets and cozy warm socks. It is especially fun to start digging out any and all pumpkin recipes at this time of year. This pumpkin bread has a bit of a twist to it. The chocolate swirl mixed with the pumpkin celebrates the new fall season. Pumpkin not only tastes good in desserts but it is also highly packed with nutrients. Pumpkin has well over 100% of your daily recommended intake of Vitamin A. Get your boost of antioxidants while enjoying this tasty dessert!
**TIP: When buying canned pumpkin make sure the only ingredient is pumpkin!**
Chocolate Swirl Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp of pumpkin spice
- ½ cup roasted/canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp Enjoy life chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and pumpkin spice in your food processor and pulse for 1 minute.
- Next, add pumpkin, honey and eggs and continue to pulse for 2 minutes.
- Scoop batter into a bread loaf pan.
- Using a double boiler or microwave, melt chocolate chips until liquid forms.
- Add teaspoon of coconut oil to thin out melted chocolate so that it is easier to pour into the bread.
- Drizzle chocolate over the batter and then use a bread knife to swirl the chocolate.
- Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for 1 hour and then enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: