Recipe adapted from http://cookituppaleo.com/cassava-flour-chocolate-chip-cookies/
Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are chewy and just the right amount of sweetness. They will fool anyone for your typical flour chocolate chip cookie. Trust me!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 3/4 cup +1 tbsp cup cassava flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips by camino
- Preheat oven to 350F and add parchment paper to large cookie sheet.
- Cream together coconut oil and maple syrup in a large mixing bowl. Stir in egg yolks and applesauce.
- Add in cassava flour, baking power and salt.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Drop a tablespoon of dough on to cookie sheet for each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet before removing them.