Let’s Help Make you a Family…
Dr. Samina provides couples with the support and resources they need in order to optimize their chances to conceive. She has worked with many patients who are actively going through fertility treatments or who would like to try naturally.
What to expect:
- Review past medical and gynecological history pertaining to fertility and general health
- Determine factors that may have been missed in a previous work up
- Review of previous blood work completed
- In-depth review of cycle monitoring reports from a fertility clinic if applicable
- In-depth review of lifestyle factors (ie. energy, sleep, stress, diet, exercise, etc.)
- Provide support for stress management
- Education on environmental factors that could be contributing
- Review of current diet and recommendations for proper diet for fertility
- Head to toe physical exam
- Recommendations on individualized supplement prescription, botanical medicine and natural hormone therapy (ie. progesterone)
- All interactions with medications are considered before suggestions are made on supplements and botanicals
Benefits seen in research for naturopathic treatments
- Improved quality of egg and sperm
- Improved implantation rates and lining
- Hormone balance
- IVF support using supplements that are safe with medications
- Reduction in miscarriage risk
- PCOS support – hormones, ovulation, and egg quality
Commonly Treated Fertility Conditions
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- Age related infertility
- Autoimmune infertility
- Luteal phase defect
- Thin lining and poor circulation
- Ovulation concerns (anovulation, late ovulation)
- Low sperm count, decreased sperm motility and morphology
- Recurrent miscarriages
- Low AMH levels
- High FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone)
- High Estrogen levels
- Thyroid concerns (hypothyroidism)
- Natural Fertility Planning
- Hormonal imbalances
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- Poor response to fertility medications
Having worked inside a fertility clinic, Dr. Samina has extensive training and knowledge regarding fertility treatments.
What if you want to go to the fertility clinic as well?
Having worked inside a fertility clinic, Dr. Samina has extensive training in the fertility clinic protocols. She assists patients all the time that are going through fertility treatments such as IUI, and IVF. There is a lot that naturopathic medicine can help with when it comes to getting pregnant alongside fertility clinic treatments such as diet, lifestyle counseling, supplementation, and more.
What about acupuncture treatments?
Dr. Samina is also trained in Traditional Chinese Medicine and provides fertility focused acupuncture treatments. Acupuncture has been shown to improve fertility success rates by 40-60% alongside IVF treatments. Acupuncture works by improving blood flow to the reproductive organs and calms the nervous system down – two important factors required when trying to conceive.
How fast will you see expect to see results?
This really depends on the patient, however, keep in mind that it takes approximately 90 days for an egg to mature and 72 days for sperm to mature. Dr. Samina always recommends giving yourself at least 3 months to see improvements in hormones etc.
To book a consultation with Dr. Samina click here.