Looking for a safe and less invasive way to look and feel your best?
What is Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Cosmetic Acupuncture is a safe treatment using thin acupuncture needles over the face and body to help with anti-aging. The treatment addresses the health of your skin both externally and internally to naturally enhance the appearance of your skin.
Facial rejuvenation works to stimulate the body’s natural collagen production, blood circulation and improves muscle tightness. This is done by the needles causing microtrauma to the area, which signals to the body to bring Qi and Blood flow to the area. The treatment targets the underlying processes of aging rather than masking the signs superficially.
What are the benefits of Cosmetic Acupuncture
- Provides radiance and glow to your skin’s complexion
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Brightens the appearance of eyes
- Helps to reduce the appearance of dark circles under eyes
- Improves muscle tone of the skin
- Boosts circulation of the skin
- Provides moisture for dry skin
- Increases the production of collagen
What can I expect during the treatment?
- Starts off with a thorough analysis of the face and questions based on internal health
- The treatment starts off with jade roller massage used to cool the face and balance the complexion
- Next, acupuncture treatment will commence on the face and a few points on the body. The points on the body are individual to the person based on their picture.
- The treatment will end with another jade roller massage and facial massage
- The treatment is 1 hour long
How many treatments will I need?
To obtain the best results a treatment protocol consists of 4-8 sessions, once weekly in order to maintain optimal results. You may notice results within the first few treatments. The results will last longer the more frequent the treatment is done. Following this course of 4-8 sessions, it is recommended to complete a treatment every month or bi-monthly thereafter.
Are there any side effects to the treatment?
Cosmetic Acupuncture is a safe treatment. When the needles are removed, there is a chance of bruise which typically heals within a few hours to days.
Are there any contraindications to having Cosmetic Acupuncture?
If you are pregnant, have a pacemaker, suffer from chronic headaches and migraines this treatment is not for you.
Can you have Cosmetic Acupuncture after Botox/Filler treatment?
Yes, you can definitely have Cosmetic Acupuncture in this case. I would advise waiting 4-6 weeks after treatment.
Is Cosmetic Acupuncture covered under benefits?
Yes, all fees are covered under most extended health care benefits under Naturopathic Services.
**In order to start treatment an initial assessment of your health needs to be completed. This is because the health of your skin is a reflection of your body’s health. The initial assessment will include a small treatment of facial acupuncture and is an hour in duration**